Graduate Women Victoria offers scholarships to female students who have overcome or are currently overcoming disadvantage in pursuing their studies at universities in Victoria.
Scholarship applications open in December and are available in these categories:
- Indigenous undergraduates
- Fourth Year Honours Arts
- Education – Masters degree
- Masters Coursework, Masters Extended and Masters Research students
- PhD and doctoral degree students
Students applying for Education Masters, Masters (Coursework, Extended, Research) or PhD scholarships may also apply for the Centennial Scholarship as part of the same application.
A student may apply in only one of these categories, but note that multiple awards are available in each category except the Indigenous undergraduate.
Requirements for each category vary, so before applying you should read all the information available at http://gradwomenvic.org.au/scholarships/ including the Frequently Asked Questions.
You are also strongly advised to:
· contact your referees before applying and give them the downloadable document Information for Referees which can be found here: GWV Information for Referees
· collect and scan all the necessary documents ready for uploading;
· prepare your personal impact statement, resume and brief account of your career plans and/or research project (you may copy and paste from Word Documents on to your application).
When you are ready to apply, click on Register (above - top right) and register by entering a username and password.
A confirmation email will be sent and you may then start your application. Note that the information you enter is secure and may be viewed only by the assessors for your scholarship and the site administrator appointed by Graduate Women Victoria.
If necessary, you can save your work, logout and login in again to finish your application. When you have finished your application, click on Submit - note that submitted applications cannot be changed.
Closing date for applications: 31 March (midnight). Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Note that all applications are confidential and will be deleted at the end of the selection process.
Scholarship winners and donors